Take time to prepare for Fall with this helpful checklist:
- Inspect your furnace or heat pump to be sure it is clean and in good condition so that it can achieve maximum efficiency.
- Schedule to have the chimney serviced and cleaned.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts throughout the season.
- Repair any window cracks or holes in weather stripping or caulking. If the gap is bigger than the width of a nickel, reapply exterior caulk.
- Check to make sure your thermostat works properly.
- Check crawlspace for flooding after the first long rainfall.
- Make sure you have new batteries in all your flashlights and that they are easily found around the house.
- Have your lawn-irrigation system professionally drained.
- Turn ON gas furnace pilot